Thought I'd give this a plug, and not just because I'm in it. There are 366 reasons to buy this book:
1. It's great reading for the beach, where it might be too hot to focus on anything longer than 366 words (the exact length of every single story in it – yes, really!);
2. £1 of the proceeds from every copy sold goes to the charity Childline;
3. I'm in it;
3(b). Well, not literally. But I wrote a story for it;
4. So did hundreds of other fantabulous writers, too many to mention. And if I do mention any by name I'm bound to offend somebody, so I won't;
5. Even the Prime Minister wrote one!
5 (b) OK, don't let that put you off;
6. Nobody else called Gordon wrote one;
7. There are stories in there by other people with names like Strawberrie, Cherry and Taffy;
8. Some of the stories are very spooky;
9. Some of them are laugh-out-loud funny;
10. Some of them make you go 'aah!';
11. Some of them make you go 'aha!';
12. Some of them make you 'Ick! Yuk! Eurgh!'
13. None of them make you go to the toilet.
...OK, that's enough. There ARE 353 other reasons, but I'm not telling you what they are. Go and buy the book and find out for yourself.
A Conversation about Fairytales (1)
1 week ago